Saturday, July 28, 2007

Evy signing out from a great summer

Hello all,
I just wanted to post a BIG THANK YOU to all the groups at MadCAP I worked with this summer. I am off for maternity reasons for a while and I will miss you all terribly. This summer has been great.

Thanks to the 8 marvelous actors in All the world's an Opera stage. Things went so fast I never got to post on how it was a going. I had a great time turning a serious work of art like the RIng Cycle into 15 minutes of pure silliness. Thanks. I will most likely be singing ring of fire for the rest of the summer and I will always hear your "mean" voices singing it.

Princess and The Pea was awesome. The performances went so well. I am extremely proud of everyone. I have been getting complements from the MadCAP staff for the show and the complements should all go to the cast which was so enthusiastic and ready to do all sorts of bizarre things (like dance with a cake) in order to have fun and entertain the audience.

Two Gentlemen of Verona was so funny and beautiful that it made me cry during both performances. I wish more people had seen it. It was just marvelous. I enjoyed working with the 10 actors so much. Everybody challenged and stretched themselves. It was a great honor to be part of that process. I would love to work with all of you again next summer in Metal Macbeth!!!!

I also was impressed by the shows I saw this summer - Yay Magical Land of Oz, Charleston, No Strings Attached, and Seusical.

MadCAP will be in my thoughts while I am away and I will continue to come and see shows and root for all of you.

ROCK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Babying Evy! Aiden truly enjoyed working with you again, as did we all. See you next season...
Aiden, Lynn, Kevin and Emmeline