Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A guest post from Steve...Enjoy!

{This post refers to a performance presentation as a part of the Line Breaks festival on UW campus.}

This was a pretty cool event. Since the Isthmus did not advertise it, I don't think that a lot of people knew about it.



I got there about 5:30pm to get good seats and arrived just as Stew and Heidi were walking out of the sound check to catch a bite to eat. They were about 5 feet from me, but I did not want to interrupt their conversation. That's the closest I've ever been to Tony award winners.


I was the first in line, so we had front row, center stage seats in a small auditorium. Stew played a Gibson acoustic, Heidi played electric bass and they used a pick up drummer. They did some older songs from The Negro Problem, some new songs and some song fragments that they had been wood-shedding last week in the Berkshires for a new show that they are working on. They played for over an hour.


They drew a crowd of about 40 people, a lot smaller than I expected. The crowd had a lot of energy, and Heidi and Stew seemed to dig the venue. Stew made some very positive comments about Madison and Cheese curds.


...and they did "Black Men Ski."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u9YWWcgheY&feature=related

No comments: