Monday, May 9, 2011

Something Fun for Monday

Hi all!

Today, instead of an article about MadCAP summer programs, I thought i would share something fun with you. Occasionally the students and I organize ourselves into a "Secret Santa" kind of thing where we exchange low cost or home-made gifts.

This year, I was the lucky recipient of a poem which now hangs on my office wall for all to read. It is decorated with doodles, and I LOVE it. Claire Wisniewski wrote it for me, and I thought I'd share it here today, because it seems like a nice thing to share on a rainy day.

KJERSTIE
The sky is dark, with bright shrinky dinks lighting the night,
Until an invisible hand waves an air gun, shrinking them out of sight.
In a Disney-land, two princesses toss a yellow ball of yarn into the sky,
Becoming the sun.
Against a blue curtain, it hangs.
Stray threads wind down to rest in several knitting baskets,
Lighting the colorful fields of skeins.
Tiny buildings down below bend into musical notes that sing into the clouds.
When the music stops, the sky becomes black,
MAD clouds start to rain, dropping CAPS to the ground.
The yarn is whisked away, once again bringing out the shrunken stars.

I love my students, and I'm so lucky to get to work with them and know their families!

No comments: