Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hello AristoCats

Hello cast of AristoCats!!!
I am eagerly anticipating seeing you all on Monday and starting work on AristoCats. It is a very fun show. My son Simon and I have been listening to the CD in the car for a month and the music is great, the dialogue is funny and I keep doing the dances at the grocery store because I can’t wait to teach them to you.

I am sure many of you are wondering about auditions and how roles are assigned. On Monday we will meet and play theater games for an hour then we will have a snack. After snack I will explain the available roles and have cast members say what roles they are interested in. Bridget will teach music and sing with those who are interested in singing solos. For the last thirty minutes I will do a quick audition technique were I will say “Everybody who is auditioning for Duchess stand up. Walk like a rich cat. Say “come along kittens, etc.” I will do this for all roles. Casting decisions will be announced Tuesday morning.

There are thirty actors in the cast and 19 named roles in the script, but Bridget and I will see that any one who wants a singing solo will get one. We are very good at creating special parts for every actor who wants a speaking or singing solo.

See you all on Monday – please bring a snack, water bottle, comfortable clothes and all your ENERGY.
This show will rock – crazy man, crazy

Evy

No comments: