Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today's "Dear Diary" entries from the cast

Our Fairy Godmonther, Gaby B, reports this on the day of the announcement of the Prince's ball
"What a shock it was to hear that the prince will be throwing a ball and all of the lovely ladies in the kingdom will be invited...except my god daughter, Cinderella.  I'm confused of why she wants to go, but I know she does, for I saw her crying about it through my magic crystal ball a short while ago.  The last time I saw her, she was a tiny baby and her mother made me the godmother and I promised that if anything happened, I would be there for Cinderella.  So now that Cinderella's mother is dead, I'm determined to help Cinderella."
Her Royal Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, has this to say
"Yawn.  Today was boring!  Since I already knew about the ball, there was no surprises so nothing new today.  Signed, Elizabeth Horten (PS, still fussing over what dress to wear)" 
One of the villagers, Juliet [played by Sophie M] is excited about the announcement of the ball!
"The moment I found out about the ball, I was very excited.  I knew I had to get ready right away.  I grabbed a basket and set off.  First I went and I bought blue silk, satin, and velvet.  Then I went to the jewelry store and bought a necklace and a bracelet.  Next I went home.  Then I got out some paper and drew what I wanted my dress to look like.  Then I set out to town and went to the sewing store and asked them to make a gown out of what I gave them.  I hope my dress turns out good.  But now I have to go to the salon and get my hair done! From, Juliet"
Cinderella herself [played by Quillan T] is worried, and shares this
"Dear Diary, for a moment today the sun shone bright above the gloom and the dark grey sky of my life, but then it was ruined.  You see, the prince is holding a ball, and I'd really enjoy going, but I'm not allowed.  My evil Wickedly Evil stepmother won't let me go.  Instead, I have to stay home and clean.  Every other girl of age in the kingdom is going.  I don't necessarily want to get wedded, but I want to go.  Oh well, it doesn't matter.  It's just a silly party, I guess.  Sincerely, Cinderella"
 Another village girl [Izzy S-L], who is obsessed with clothing, writes this ode to fashion:
"Dear Diary, the moment I found out about the ball, I had to hire a dress designer, then hire a make up artist and a hair stylist.  Back to my dress, it's pink and beautiful!  Wait till I tell Esmerelda about my dress!  Thanks Diary, Margaret"
Another of our acting troupe is covering two parts and writes from both perspectives [Amina]
"Dear Diary, When I found out about the ball, I wasn't surprised because I am the king so I was planning so I expected it to happen.  But, as the Narrator, I guess I am a little astonished that there is a ball that will be held.  Especially since every girl in the kingdom was invited!"
 We hope you are enjoying the photos and writings of our students as we plan and prepare for our summer production of "Once Upon a Dream".  Visit our website at www.madcap.org for performance information.

No comments: